Join our growing team at Great American Abstract, LLC, a full-service title insurance agency providing comprehensive title insurance services for all forms of real estate transactions ranging from a home purchase or refinance to the most complex commercial transaction. We provide consistent, excellent, time-sensitive service and help our clients’ businesses obtain efficiencies of process.
We have an immediate opening for a dedicated and talented Title Processor & Closer. This full-time position is a key team member in our organization and will work with various internal staff, clients, agents, and lenders. The qualified candidate will be someone who has experience moving the file from inception to preparing closing files to conducting the actual closing at the table to ensuring post-closing requirements have been fulfilled. This is a hybrid role that requires in-office presence for closings.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Point of contact with Realtors, Lenders, Conveyancers, Attorneys, and other Clients;
- Address all client requests, and parties associated with the transaction, in a timely manner;
- Review title commitment and information collected by Clearance Officers to ensure all requirements have been cleared and meet Underwriter requirements;
- Use expertise and knowledge to resolve title commitment requirements that the Clearance team is not authorized to handle;
- Finalize TitleExpress and GreenFolders in preparation for settlement;
- Prepare file for disbursement by funding department;
- Monitor and clear outstanding escrow items from closed transactions;
- Prepare Settlement Statement in accordance with lender closing instructions;
- Conduct settlement at the closing table;
- Maintain GreenFolders system to ensure milestones are reached in accordance with company policy;
- Seek referral business to expand current book of business;
- Provide coverage to fellow team members as needed.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years residential purchase experience within a realtor joint venture environment, preferred.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of TitleExpress and GreenFolders title software is a plus!
- Notary license.
Success Factors/Job Competencies/Skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Provide exemplary customer service to support quality service delivery to a diverse audience.
- Collaborate and influence outcomes through effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to understanding and utilizing the organization’s technology tools.
- Must be able to work efficiently, handle deadline pressures, and perform continuous follow-up to meet team-oriented goals.
- Diligent status updates into software to effectively communicate the workflow within the office.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Represent company in a positive manner to drive new realtor business.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This role is based in a professional office environment and involves prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. It may require some light lifting (up to 15 pounds at times) and bending.
Great American Abstract, LLC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match, paid holidays, paid time off, and life insurance options. Commission pay available.
Great American Abstract provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, creed, religious persuasion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
Join our team of experienced industry leaders and apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.